Art4me Logo

Giclee Prints


The word Giclée (pronounced "zhee-clay") is French for "to spray on." This word had become known for the "Iris" printing process, but is now used for any inkjet produced print. Care should be taken when Handling and Framing Digital Prints as with any fine art work. Make sure you tell your framer that its a digital piece of art.

There are many names used to describe computer images: "Iris print" refers to a print made with inkjet printers manufactured by Iris Graphics of Bedford, Mass., the company that originated the process. "Giclee print" refers to those made with inkjet printers other than those made by Iris. "Digital print" is a generic term that can be used to refer to any such image.
By Shan Linde, CPF

Thanks for visiting, please tell your friends about us and if you wish to share on social media please feel free to do so.

Return to top of page

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source